NDAMIS import Export module interface with UeSW Launched.
The NDAMIS Import Export module: interface with the Uganda National Electronic Single Window (UNeSW) was successfully implemented and launched on 4th November 2016 by Hon. Amelia Kyambadde - Minister of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives. This will not only enhance checks and balances between URA and NDA but also reduce clearance bureaucracies that affect medicine importers & exporters hence improving clearance time at NDA ports of entry offices.
Import/Export verification certificates and permits can now be processed through the NDAMIS system accessible on www.mis.nda.or.ug
Stakeholders training schedule will be communicated by 15th November 2016
Onecan access instant and useful information from the single window portalincluding recent declarations and manifests on http://uesw.go.ug/index.jsf
What is required?
Registration of clients portal users has started where each stakeholder shall be assigned access rights for transacting and following up their applications. Contact Daniel SITO on email@example.com quick response.
What is UeSW?
The Government of Uganda has embarked on the implementation of anational electronic Single Window that aims at;
• Establishing a facility to allow importers, exporters submitinternational trade documents and information electronically to governmentregulatory agencies.
• Ensuring that submitted documents and information satisfy alltrade and transport requirements in the supply chain.
• Submission of trade documents and information once henceavoiding the repeated requests for the some documents and information by thevarious government regulatory agencies.
Electronic Single window, as a global perspective, helps infacilitating traders electronically submit all the required regulatorydocuments like permits, customs declarations and all regulatory documents usinga single access point.
This shall reduce the cost of doing business to the traders thatused to practically move from one government institution to the other in orderto fulfill the documentation requirements of the institutions.
The Uganda Electronic Single Window (UESW) shall be used by allthe government agencies and clients to perform international trade relatedactivities. It is a philosophy of governance in which traditional governmentstructures are transformed into new arrangements that best serve the needs ofcitizens and businesses.
Single Window has been implemented in many countries today andtremendous benefits have been achieved. Additional benefits include but notlimited to;
• Standardized procedures shall be designed and thus reducedredundancies
• Elimination of physical movements by clients or traders
• Data harmonization thus improved efficiency and facilitateinformation exchange among government institutions.
• Improved controls by the respective government agency
The Vision of the National Single Window Project:
To be leading single access platform for international tradefacilitation
To provide transparent, efficient, integrated electronicenvironment that will reduce the cost of doing business and increase tradecompetitiveness
The purpose of the Single Window Project is;
1.To develop and implement the UESW system that is fully automatedand web based in order to facilitate trade through;
üEfficiency; through streamlined procedures that are costeffective
üTransparency; i.e. accurate, reliable and timely informationonline
üCompetitiveness; through improvedconditions of doing business, capacity building and use of technology
The long-term objectives of implementing the Electronic SingleWindow include;
üEnhancing trade competitiveness
üEstablishing a forum for dialog between stakeholders ininternational trade
üAssistance in redefinition of therole of Customs and government Institutions handling international trade inlight of global and regional changes
In the first implementation, the following governmentinstitutions shall be implemented in the first phase of the project;
1. Uganda Revenue Authority
2. National Drug Authority
3. Uganda National Bureau of Statistics
4. Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries